The Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery (CSCIR) is a unique, state-of-art clinical facility, offering an intensive physical therapy program focused on maximizing recovery. Our experienced staff treats clients from around the world, using a full array of specialized equipment and techniques, in a program tailored to each person’s needs.
The CSCIR is one of the first hospital-based programs of its kind in the U.S. to provide long-term, high-intensity, activity-based therapy, to optimize health and function in persons with spinal cord injury .
The program incorporates the latest scientific research and innovative therapeutic techniques, in our quest to make recovery from spinal cord injury a reality.
Program highlights include:
- State-of-the-art neurorecovery equipment
- Exoskeleton robotic technology
- SCI trained staff, including physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, rehab trainers, social workers, and psychologists
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) bicycles and elliptical
- Body weight-supported treadmill training
- Whole Body Vibration (WBV)
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Closed chain/weight-bearing/ambulation activities with or without bracing
- Posture and balance training
- Onsite fitness center with personal training
- Board-certified SCI Medicine physician available
Clients work with a variety of rehabilitation professionals including physical therapists, occupational therapists and athletic trainers. Clients participate in the exercise program for 3-hour sessions, 2-5 times per week. The program hours are from 8:20 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you are interested in learning more about this program and how you can participate, please call the Center for SCI Recovery® at 1-866-SCI-CENTER